Sunday 17 October 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the other book club!
What, you may be entitled to ask, is this?

Well I'm hoping to create a proper online book club of sorts, starting with this blog. I'll be posting reviews of everything I read, and I have friends who plan to do the same on this blog. Hopefully we can create some discussions, some debates, and encourage people to get talking about books!

Feel free to send me any books you think I should read. A lot of my favourite books are ones that I first read through a recommendation, and I'd love to do reader requests! I can't promise to read everything thrown my way, but I'll give you a shout out if I read something you told me to.

One more note: I'm gonna stick an Amazon widget alongside each post with links to some of the books mentioned. The purpose of this is to make it easy for anyone interested to get whatever book is being talked about. In the interests of openness, it also means we get a little money from any sales. Please don't judge me too harshly for this!

So, enjoy the blog, have your say, and keep on reading!

James

4 comments:

  1. Yay! First comment! I might be able to contribute a couple of reviews, but they're probably ones you've already read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats cool! Send anything you want my way (or send me a google account e-mail and I'll add you to the contributors)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read any Neil Gaiman? I think American Gods is fascinating, just finished it for the second time. I have a rubbish review of Donnie Brasco I can give you but would be up for doing some more if you'll have me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't but I'll get onto it!

    Any reviews you have would be great, just send them my way!

    ReplyDelete